(Purpose of Collection of your data)
All the personal information and data provided by you to us and/or all information and data relating to your membership with us may be used and retained by us for all or any of the following purposes:
- processing your application for membership;
- providing you with the services under our membership program;
- marketing of goods and/or premiums and/or services by us and/or any brand of VF Corporation and/or any of its subsidiaries worldwide (“VF”);
- providing you with specially selected offers, promotions and benefits by us and/or any brand of VF ;
- communication with you on all matters relating to your membership with us;
- management, operation and maintenance of our membership program;
- designing new or improving existing goods and/or premiums and/or services provided by us and/or any brand of VF ;
- investigation of complaints or suspicious transactions;
- prevention or detection of crime;
- disclosure as required by applicable laws and/or rules;
- statistical analysis and/or research;
- enabling us to discharge or comply with usual practices and/or customs in our business sector;
- enabling an actual or proposed assignee or transferee of our business or our rights in respect of your personal information to evaluate the transaction intended; and
- any other purposes related or incidental to all or any of the above purposes.
(Manners of collection of your data)
Your personal information and data may be collected by us through any of the following manners: VF brands’ websites, retail stores, retail representatives, brand marketing or sales events, brand mobile apps, designated third party; and any other way VF brands interact with you
(Automatically Collected Information)
We collect and store certain other non-personally identifiable information automatically whenever you interact with us. For example, we may collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address and browser information and reference site domain name when you visit this website and analyze this data for preferences, trends, and site usage statistics.
We may also collect information by using cookies, web beacons, and related technologies in order to analyze and understand how the website is used and to enhance your visits to the website.
“Cookies” are small text files that a website sends to a user’s hard drive through the browser for data storage. Most browsers accept cookies automatically but allow you to disable them. By disabling or otherwise rejecting cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings on this website. We recommend that you leave cookies “turned on” so that we can offer you a better shopping experience on this website.
We use third-party companies to provide Internet data hosting and to help us measure and determine how visitors use our website and the effectiveness of our website and promotions in order to help us improve and optimize our website and the products and services we offer. We also use third-party companies to serve advertisements (banners or links) on our behalf across the Internet. These companies use tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) to collect non-identifiable information about your visits to our website and your interactions with our products and services in order to provide tailored advertisements based on your interests and browsing of our website (remarketing) on our behalf and on behalf of other advertisers across the Internet. We use third-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) to better understand and advertise to audiences that visit our website. We do not use or associate personally identifiable information with remarketing lists, cookies, data feeds, or other anonymous identifiers.
In addition, some of our e-mail communications to you may include a “click-through URL” linked to a particular page on the website. By clicking on one of these URLs, you will automatically enter our website and we may collect information related to the “click-through.” You may avoid having this information collected by not clicking on URL links in our e-mail communications.
We also may use a variety of retail analytics tools in our stores for operational and marketing purposes, such as measuring and analyzing traffic patterns. These tools may collect data from sensors, including video cameras, smartphone detectors, Wi-Fi networks, or other devices, to improve your in-store experience.
(What personal information and data collection by us)
We may request, collect and store some or all of the following types of personal information and data from you:
- name, billing address, shipping address, residential address, e-mail address, telephone number, financial and payment information, such as credit card number and expiration date, gender, personal interests, birthday, information about a third party you provide when we ship an order. We may also maintain a record of your product interest and purchases.
- Your location and your mobile device when you download or use our mobile apps.
- We may receive personal information about you from the social networking sites (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Wechat) you use to access our websites or apps.
- Information that you provide to us in any of VF brands’ membership application.
- Biometric data and information (regardless of how it is captured) that may be used to identify you (e.g. facial features, fingerprints, etc)
（Privacy of Children）
We do not intend to collect personal information from anyone who is under the age of 14. If you are under the age of 14 you should not provide any personal information to us. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 14 and suspect he/she has provided personal information to us, you may contact us using the communication methods described in this Privacy Statement to exercise your rights as a parent or guardian.
(Transfer of your personal information and data)
- We may for all or any of the purposes set out above, disclose and transfer your personal information to any companies VF owns or controls (whether in Asia or not) , third party reward, loyalty or privilege programs providers, co-branding or cross marketing retail partners or charitable or non-profit making organizations, external service providers (which includes but not limited to our agents, contractors, sub-contractors, telecommunication operators, mailing providers, direct sales agents, telemarketing providers, call centers, data processing providers, information technology providers), any other party under a duty of confidentiality to us and any actual or proposed assignees or transferees of our business or our rights in respect of your personal information.
(With whom is the information shared)
- We may share your personal information with other brands within the VF Corporation family of brands (including, for example Altra ®, Bulwark Protection ®, Dickies ®, Eagle creek ®, Eastpak ®, Horace Small ®, Icebreaker ®, Jansport ®, Kipling ®, Kodiak ®, Napapijri ®, Red Kap ®, Smartwool®, Terra ®, The North Face ®,Timberland ® and Vans ®), for direct marketing purposes, including:
- to manage your subscription to our newsletter(s) or mailing list(s) or loyalty program(s);
- to allow participation to promotions and other initiatives, such as contests and sweepstakes;
- to send you (subject to your consent, that is optional), also through e-mail or other electronic communications means such as SMS, MMS, fax, etc. promotional information and material on our products and services, on special initiatives on price and promotions and on initiatives such as loyalty programs, events, exhibitions and fairs organized by the VF group or to which the VF group takes part;
- to improve our products and services
- for survey purposes
- for profiling purposes
- We may share personal information with certain third parties that perform services on our behalf for purposes listed above, including but not limited to parties operating the website, hosting the website, providing the products and services you request, authorization and processing of your payments, product fulfillment, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customization, marketing and promotional material distribution, loyalty program management, promotions fulfillment, web site evaluation, data analysis and, where applicable, data cleansing.
- We may share personal information with a third party if we are required by law to make such a disclosure.
(Security of your personal information and data)
- The security of your information is important to us. We have instituted security procedures and measures to protect our servers and networks that store personal information. Unfortunately, no transmission of information over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and, therefore, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of information which gets transferred over the internet.
- In order to help protect personal information you provide to us, you:
- (i) should not share your password or account information with others,
- (ii) should use a secure web browser, and
- (iii) should change your password frequently.
- Any third parties that work with us are not authorized to use or disclose personal information you provide to us on or through this website for any purpose other than to perform the services designated by us.
- If a personal information security incident happens, we will promptly inform you about the incident by email, letter, telephone, push notification, etc. If it is difficult to inform the subject of personal information one by one, we will take a reasonable and effective way to issue an announcement.
Personal data are not kept for longer than the time necessary to achieve the specific data processing purposes described herein, unless shorter or longer retention periods apply under applicable Laws.
(Your Rights & Access and Correction)
You have the right to:
- check whether we hold any of your personal information;
- request access to your personal information held by us;
- require us to correct or update any personal information which is inaccurate;
- ascertain our policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to personal information and the type of personal information held by us;
- opt out from allowing us or other parties to use your personal data for direct marketing. To opt out, please click the link [here]; and
- require us to remove and destroy any biometric information about you held by us.
- delete user account
- withdraw consent
All requests for access to or correction of personal information, regarding policies and practices and types of personal information held should be in writing and addressed to:
Attn: Customer Service
Address: VF Hong Kong Limited: 11/F International Trade Tower, 348 Kwun Tong Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
We will respond to your request as early as possible.